Our family support group in Winchester will not be meeting on Tuesday, February 12. Meetings resume on March 12 as regularly scheduled.
If you are new to a support group, or there is inclement weather in the forecast, we always advise touching base with the facilitators before attending. We also do our best to provide schedule updates on our web site and help line.
Family to Family (F2F) is one of NAMI’s most popular signature programs. In this class, family and friends learn how to help their loved ones who struggle with mental health challenges. This 12 session program is offered at no cost to the participants.
Classes are taught by other family members who are trained Family to Family teachers. Our teachers have real world experience with the issues you face on a daily basis. Past participants have increased their coping skills and problem solving abilities.
Starting in March, NAMI of Central Middlesex will be sponsoring Family to Family classes in two locations:
- Littleton: Starting Tuesday, March 5, 7-9:30PM. Contact Phyllis at 978-973-3995 or Phyllis.firstname.lastname@example.org, or Lori at 978-987-3224 or email@example.com.
- Lexington: Starting Thursday, March 7, 7-9:30PM. Contact Dee at 978-697-3441 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or Tom at 978-618-7521 or email@example.com.
More information about Family to Family is available on the NAMI Mass web site, or you may view our flyer.
NAMI Massachusetts is recruiting four interviewees per NAMI affiliate for a report to MassHealth on the performance of ESP (Emergency Service Providers).
- NAMI Mass is seeking individuals who have used ESP services sometime during the last two years, that is from January 2016 to present.
- The interview will last 20 minutes and be held at the interviewee’s convenience, conducted either by phone or by video conference.
- The interview will be strictly confidential.
- The information collected will not include reference to the interviewee in any way.
- The results of the interview will be part of a report to MassHealth regarding the performance of the particular ESP used.
If you are willing to take part, please contact your NAMI of Central Middlesex affiliate leadership at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call Jennie at 978-692-2908 before December 28, 2018.
Ready for the 2018 Scarecrow Contest? We are once again partnering with Cucurbit Farm in Acton for this fun event.
You can stop by the farm starting on September 1 to pick up your scarecrow frame and make your donation to NAMI of Central Middlesex. Create your family friendly scarecrow, then join us for a “Put ‘Em Up” party on Friday, September 28 from 5pm unti 8pm.
Vote for you favorite! Prizes will be awarded October 6-8, Columbus Day weekend. Scarecrows will, of course, stand until after Halloween.
Details in our flyer: Scarecrow Flyer
Thank you once again to Heidi and the gang at Cucurbit Farm for supporting NAMI of Central Middlesex with this wonderful event!
We are pleased to announce that we have just added a NAMI Family Support Group that meets in the town of Reading. This extends our range of offerings eastward, better serving more of our members.
The Reading Family Support Group started meeting on July 15, 2018, and will meet on the 1st and 3rd Wednesdays each month from 7:00-8:30PM.
Unitarian Universalist Church of Reading
239 Woburn St.
Reading, MA 01867
Thank you to the UU Church for hosting us. And thank you to our facilitators, Cate, Diane, Guy and Judy. These groups are not possible without you!
For more details about this group, please see our flyer: Reading Family Support Group Flyer